If you are looking for treatment to replace missing teeth, dental implants can offer the most advanced therapy available. One of the first steps is to find a qualified dental implant specialist you can trust. But where should you start, and what factors should you consider? Read on for more information about dental implants and tips to find a specialist near you.
What Is a Dental Implant?
Imagine an artificial tooth that looks and performs like your natural teeth, right down to the root. That is what you can expect with a dental implant.
For this procedure, the dental specialist inserts a tiny post made of biocompatible titanium into your jawbone where the missing tooth used to be. This replaces the tooth root. Next, you wait for the implant to bond with the jaw, and then a dental crown is placed on top of the implant. The crown looks and functions like a natural tooth, so that you can enjoy smiling, chewing, and talking with confidence.
5 Things to Consider in Choosing a Dental Implant Specialist
When it comes to choosing a dental implant specialist, you can find a lot of information online and also by scheduling an appointment to meet with a provider. Here are five things to consider:
- Training & experience: Specific skills are needed in order to perform a dental implant procedure. That’s why it’s important to find a specialist with training, credentials, and experience in this type of dentistry. The doctors at Madison Dental Arts are proud to have years of experience helping patients restore their smiles with dental implants and other procedures.
- Comprehensive services: Finding a specialist who provides comprehensive services can help ensure that you receive coordinated care in one place from a team that knows you well. Madison Dental Arts can help you maintain your overall oral health for teeth that are both beautiful and healthy.
- Technology: For people who need specialized dental treatment, technology continues to offer new and better ways to provide care. At Madison Dental Arts, this includes technology such as digital x-rays, which can reduce the amount of radiation needed and provide instant images. This is just one example of the advanced technologies available.
- Reviews & testimonials: What are other patients saying about the care they receive, and how does this line up with your expectations? Reading patient reviews can be a great way to find out about different dental specialists. Madison Dental Arts is proud to share patient reviews, as well as before & after pictures of patients they have treated.
- Professionalism & friendliness: What do patients say about their experience with providers and staff, and what has your experience been like if you’ve reached out to the office to ask a question? It’s important to feel comfortable with the specialist you choose. The team at Madison Dental Arts is here to support you every step of the way.